Come Join Us...
with Jessica Richards, MS, LCSW, IFECMHS, RPF-II
Thursday, September 21, 2017
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
(Registration/Sign-in opens at 8:30 AM)
Early Bird Discount: $99 (ends 8/23/2017)
Continuing Education: $15 (6 units for CA licensed psychologists, LCSWs, LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs)
This intermediate level training will focus on the 6 core protective factors and provide an interactive forum to discuss the importance of interdisciplinary perspectives in promoting and supporting resilience in young children and their families. Prominent research findings and empirically‐based treatment approaches will be discussed, including transactional processes in development, biological impacts of toxic stress and trauma, and using a bio‐ecological model to assess risk and protective factors in family systems. Participants will be able to describe how the detrimental effects of trauma and other risk factors can be ameliorated by positive relationships and strengthening protective factors.
As a result of the training, participants will be able to:
1. Define resilience as a process driven by the transactional relationship between individuals and environmental context.
2. Explain how plasticity and epigenetic influences can moderate the impact of early adverse childhood experiences and other risk factors across the lifespan.
3. Identify characteristics of four personal protective factors to enhance an individual's developmental trajectory.
4. Utilize strategies to enhance relational and familial protective factors to improve an individual's developmental trajectory.
5. Describe characteristics of schools and communities that serve as protective factors for buffering against individual or familial risk factors.
6. List concrete individual, family, and community level interventions to promote positive outcomes for clients and families.
Los Angeles Child Guidance Clinic
3787 S. Vermont Ave,
Los Angeles, CA 90007
*Parking across the street, Expo Park, lot #3, $15, cash only.
Learn. Connect. Share.